Lubbock Power & Light (LP&L), the municipal electricity provider for the City of Lubbock in Texas, has chosen to join the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and open its power market to competition for customers. LP&L’s decision allows Lubbock residents to choose their Retail Electric Provider (“REP”) and paves the way for retail electric competition in the Lubbock market. Retail electric competition provides you the opportunity to manage risk and develop purchasing strategies to manage costs over time.
Constellation is the largest producer of clean energy in the US and is leading the charge to a sustainable future by providing power and natural gas consumers with energy supply, energy efficiency, data analytics, and renewable energy solutions that help them achieve their business and carbon reduction goals.
This is the first time a municipally owned utility voluntarily adopted a competitive retail market since the TX electricity market was opened to competitive choice.
- #1 C&I Retail Power Provider
- Served Texas customers since 2022
- Market expertise
Constellation has served customers in Texas as a retail electric provider since the electricity market opened to competitive choice in 2002, and our generation affiliate owns a significant amount of power generation facilities in the state. Our retail customers range from residential, to single site businesses, to more than three quarters of the Fortune 100. By leveraging our wholesale and retail energy expertise to educate our customers, we help you save time and make smart decisions by helping you create a tailored energy plan by understanding your unique needs in four key areas –
- Managing Risk & Budget: we look at all aspects of the market, including your budget, risk tolerance, as well as regulatory changes and market fundamentals to help you effectively manage your risk and budget.
- Energy Data Insights: by providing you access to energy tools and research to help you make informed decisions and manage costs. An example is our MarketWatch tool that monitors the market and provides pricing alerts when competitive markets hit a specified level.
- Sustainability & Carbon Reduction: we help you reach your sustainability goals by working together to develop a roadmap, executing against that roadmap, and monitoring your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions so that you can actively achieve your sustainability goals.
- Energy Infrastructure: we take your unique energy problems and provide creative solutions with our strategic alliances, such as fleet electrification, EV charging stations, and battery storage.